Social Events Page
Welcome to the Marlin’s Social Event Page!
We are excited for our season to start and have many exciting social events planned!
Here’s what we have lined up so far. Click on the links to volunteer to help out.
- May 10 – Season Kick Off and Parent Meeting (6:00-8:00 PM) This first all-club event gives Marlins families (new and old) the chance to meet our coaching team and find out details about the upcoming season. The parent meeting will take place while kids are swimming, followed by a pot-luck dinner at 7:00.
- May 24– Endurance Swim #1 (6:00 -8:30PM)
- May 25– Bottle Drive Barbecue (6:00 – until we’re done!) The social committee is excited to help fuel our fundraisers by offering hot dogs at our Bottle Drive meeting spot! Join us at Rosedale Community Centre for a quick bite before your team hits the road.
- June 1 – Mini Meet & Ice Cream Social Our mini meet is the first meet of the year and we are excited to offer the post-swim ice cream social! Our swimmers deserve a post-swim ice cream after all that hard work!
- June 3– Marlins Swim Meet Raffle/Snack Table (6:30AM-4:00 PM) Details on the Marlins meet can be found on the meet tab and from your swimmer’s coaches later this season. The Social committee is looking for help running the raffle table. The success of our raffle table helps offset the cost associated with running the meet. Plus, by signing up you are guaranteed a prime viewing spot to watch the races!
- July 14 –Pancake Breakfast (10:30-12:00 PM) Just in time to kick off a week of Westerner Days, Marlins Swim Club brings you our very own Pancake Breakfast!!! Bring your family, a picnic blanket and camping chairs and join us for breakfast immediately after the morning swim at the rec centre. THIS EVENT IS WEATHER PERMITTING! To contribute water or juice, or to volunteer: Sign up here.
- July 26 –Endurance Swim #2 and Freezies! (4:00PM-7:30 PM) What better way to replenish after our second Endurance Swim than with FREEZIES! To contribute freezies for the event: Sign up here.
- August 11– Survivor Day and Spaghetti Breakfast (10:30AM-12:00 PM) Survivor Day and the Spaghetti Breakfast may just be one of the BEST events of the Marlins season! This pot-luck style event is swimmers only (but they eat a TON!). To contribute food, or volunteer: Sign up here.
- August 9th– End of Season Banquet and AGM (6:00PM-9:00 PM) Join us in recognizing the success of our swimmers at this, our last event of the swim season! This is an All CLUB event so we ask each family to bring something, we’ll supply dessert!!! To contribute food, or volunteer: Sign up here.
If you have any questions please contact our Social Committee: socialRDMarlins@gmail.com